School of Work & Prayer

Web discussion forum to give birth to the School of Work and Prayer.

Name:
Location: Stillwater, MN, United States

www.LoomeBooks.com

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Waiting and Planning

Lately, Christelle and I have been discussing how to make the transition from our present life into the School of Work and Prayer. Our first task is to gain skills and knowledge in spiritual growth and the teaching of the Carmelite Doctors of Prayer and in farming/self sufficiency skills/living. Basically, we need to go to a school of work and prayer before we start one.

We think it is best if we attend this prep-school of work and prayer in the St. Croix Valley since there is a wealth of friends, family, and acquaintances who can teach us all the skills we need. However, we need time (to practice and study these skills) and money (to keep us housed, clothed, and fed) to study.

Presently, I work 40 hours a week and have two full days off each week. One of those days is Sunday, a day we set aside for family and friends and Mass. That leaves one other day in which I am “free”. However, on this day I usually am doing house work, running errands, etc. It is not a day that I can devote to study. If I continue working 40 hours a week, when can I study?

Christelle is a homemaker and mother. She never really has “free” time, but what little she does have, she spends studying for a certification as a Christian Childbirth Educator. What can be done so that she could study for the School of Work and Prayer?

We see only three solutions:

1. I continue working 40 hours a week and we radically restructure our lives so that we have a small amount of time each week to devote to the School of Work and Prayer.

2. I work part-time and devote the extra time to the School of Work and Prayer.

3. I stop working for a wage and devote all my time the School of Work and Prayer.

Option one will keep us clothed, sheltered, and fed, but will not get us to the School of Work and Prayer for perhaps 5 or more years.

Options two and three might allow us to be ready to start the School of Work and Prayer within two years, but I don’t see how to stay clothed, sheltered, and fed in the mean time.

What advice do you have to offer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home